Community Photo Contest - What I Love About Puyallup
We want to see the City through your eyes – show us what you love about Puyallup!
The City is seeking to illustrate the character of our community and capture the vibrancy of Puyallup, with your help! We welcome all photographers – professional and hobbyist – to participate in our Community Photo Contest, What I Love About Puyallup.
Winning images will be featured on City social media, our website and in City promotional materials. Furthermore, winners will receive a gift from a local business and images will be showcased in storefronts in downtown Puyallup for all to enjoy this Spring!
Photo: Jeffrey M.B. Hibbard Photography. Bradley Lake Park, Puyallup.
- Submissions must be photos taken in Puyallup, WA.
- Cannot be a member of the Arts & Culture Commission or employed by the City of Puyallup
- Contest begins Friday, Feb 01 and closes Sunday, Feb 28.
- Photo submissions must be original artwork, taken within the last year (Jan 2020 – February 2021) in the City of Puyallup.
- Multiple photos per category may be submitted. If submitting photos to multiple categories, your submission can only be selected once as a winner. One submission form must be completed per submission.
- Youth submissions (ages 6-12 and 13-17) will be judged separately.
Judging will be completed by the Arts & Culture Commission, with all submissions reviewed and winners selected for each category on Friday, March 19th. Preference will be given to photo submissions that best fit within their category as well as represent the contests overall theme of what you love about Puyallup. Judges will also analyze the following:
- How well the photograph portrays Puyallup
- Flair for the unexpected, creativity and originality
- Overall technical quality, clarity and composition
Winner(s) will be notified via their chosen form of contact (phone or email) and announced on the City’s social media channels.
Winning Images will be featured on City social media, our website and in City promotional materials. Furthermore, winners will receive a gift from a local business and images will be showcased in storefronts in downtown Puyallup for all to enjoy this Spring!
A People’s Choice prize will also be awarded to the photograph that receives the most votes from our community! Cast your vote once per category for your favorite photograph, starting Monday, March 1st! Follow our Facebook page here to see all submissions: A like = a vote!
1. Family Fun / Favorite Activities in Puyallup
2. Environment / Scenic / Parks
3. Daily Life / Community / Neighborhoods
4. City Art & Architecture
5. Pets of Puyallup
6. Positive Aging in Puyallup
ENTER YOUR SUBMISSION(S) USING OUR FORM HERE.
Contact: Erica Unruh, Community Relations Coordinator
P: (253) 841-5500