- Boards & Commissions
- Arts & Culture Commission
Arts & Culture Commission
- Lauren Adler
- Amora Bussey
- Cody Esp
- Brad Pugh - Chair
- Amy Johnson - Vice-Chair
- Nichole Nicholson
About the Commission
The Arts & Culture Commission serves as an advisory board to the Puyallup City Council on the subjects of art and culture in Puyallup. The commission works to further public awareness of and appreciation for fine and performing arts while promoting interest and participation in artistic and cultural endeavors and projects. It advises the City Council as to the acquisition of works of art for public display, and facilitates donations, grants and other support for arts and culture in the community.
The Arts & Culture Commission has seven members, a super majority of which are Puyallup residents. Commission members who do not reside in the city are either artists who engage in the performing arts or exhibit a portfolio of artwork, or instructors who teach art in Puyallup.
Arts & Culture Commission Vision and Mission Statements
Vision Statement: Art defines our city as we celebrate our heritage, create our future, and share knowledge, insight and beauty through the arts.
Mission Statement: Puyallup is a community of creators, performers, educators, students, patrons and supporters. We are all defined in some way by our relationship to the arts, and our community is defined by its outstanding commitment to and support of the arts. The City of Puyallup and the Arts and Culture Commission strongly value the integration of diverse art, culture and heritage to enrich the quality of life for our residents and to promote economic vitality, and will work to create a dynamic community that is a cultural destination. To accomplish these things, we will:
- Promote collaborative efforts to support the arts in our community;
- Encourage and facilitate a wide variety of arts-related programs, services and activities which are accessible and distinguished by physical and cultural resources;
- Promote arts and cultural organizations and all manner of creative enterprises;
- Foster arts and cultural activity for every segment of the community. These will include art walks, festivals and concerts as well as opportunities to participate in making, sharing or celebrating art and culture; and
- Work to ensure that non-arts businesses such as restaurants, offices, retail and others are aware of and benefit from our art and culture resources.
Third Friday of every month, 10:00 am.
Call 253-841-4321 for more information.