Safe Heating Practices

Generators
unsafe heating devices indoors can cause carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide - the Silent Killer.  This gas has no odor or color and is very dangerous.  Each year people suffer from illness or even death due to carbon monoxide poisoning.  Learn what carbon monoxide does to the body and the actions you can take to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal burning devices inside a home, garage, or any partially enclosed area. Place the unit away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors.

safety_tips_generator_in_wet_area.506x253

Avoid using a generator in a wet area - this can cause shock or electrocution. 

safety_tips_generator_extension_cord.506x253

Connect appliances to generators with grounded, heavy-duty extension cords to prevent electrical fires.  

safety_tips_generator_fueling.506x253

 Don't fuel your generator when it is running.  Turn if off and let it cool.  Adding fuel to a hot motor is a fire hazard!