In January 2021, National Research Center (NRC) sent surveys to 2700 randomly selected households in the City. 458 residents (17%) completed the survey, yielding results with a 5% margin of error. The Community Survey gauged residents' opinions about City governance and ten facets of livability in Puyallup:
1. Economy 6. Community Design
2. Safety 7. Natural Environment
3. Mobility 8. Health & Wellness
4. Utilities 9. Education, Arts, & Culture
5. Parks & Recreation 10. Inclusivity & Engagement
The City also asked three custom questions about sources of City information, downtown amenities, and attracting new businesses to Puyallup.