Puyallup Public Library - 324 S. Meridian
The Library will open as a warming center during normal business hours, which are...
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday from 9 AM to 7 PM
Wednesday, from Noon to 7 pm
Friday & Saturday, from 9 AM to 5 PM
While you're warming up, check out a book or two.
South Hill Mall - 3500 S Meridian
The South Hill Mall serves as a second warming center within the City of Puyallup. The Mall is open from 10 am to 9 pm on Saturday and Monday, and from 11 am to 6 pm on Sunday. Do some shopping while staying out of the winter cold.
Tips for Staying Warm in the Winter
- Layer Up - Wearing extra layers of clothing is a smart way to stay warm. Base layers like thermal vests or long-sleeve tops are fairly inexpensive and work well to trap heat.
- Keep Drafts Out - Try to block areas in your home where heat can escape, including windows, doorways, and keyholes. Keep your curtains open during the day and draw them in at night.
- Be Smart with your Thermostat - Be selective about where you heat your home. Try to keep the room you spend the most time in, such as your living room, heated to a proper temperature. Likewise, turn the heat down in rooms you don't spend time in.
- Wear Blankets - Winter is the perfect time to bundle up in a blanket. A heated or weighted blanket is even better.
- Make Warm Foods - Having regular hot foods such as soups, stews, and oatmeal keeps you warm inside and out.
- Get Moving - Staying active boosts your circulation and body temperature. Plus, you are less likely to develop a cold or flu with regular exercise.