The Planning Services Department is tasked with elevating the community, the guiding hand of development. Here at the city's planning services department, we strongly believe in fostering economic development, social equity, and environmental protection.
Planning Services is dedicated to providing excellent customer service. We strive to make your experience with us as fast and easy as possible. Whether you are a homeowner, contractor or design professional, our staff is here to help you every step of the way. Whatever the project, do not hesitate to either call or stop by early in your planning stage to discuss options and ideas.
For questions or concerns please reach out the planning services email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you will find a list of all of the current planning resources including Hearing examiner, Downtown Design Guidelines and access to Notices of Land Use Applications. If you have questions regarding current planning projects and procedures please contact email@example.com
By clicking the link above you will access the city's current array of long range planning projects. Information on the comprehensive plan update, planning commission and design review boards.
Here you will find a list of all active permit applications within the city. Please click on the permit number to find more information on a specific permit.
- American Institute of Architects Washington Council
- American Planning Association
- International Code Council
- International society of Aboriculture
- Pierce County
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency
- Puget Sound Regional Council
- Structural Engineers Association of Washington @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife
- Washigton Association of Building Officials
- Washington State Department of Commerce
- Washington State Department Of Ecology @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>