Permits and Applications

Please submit all applications through the CityView portal.
  • Civil Construction Permit (PDF) - This document shall accompany all civil plan submittals.
    • This permit must be preceded with an application for a preliminary site plan approval and the issuance of a SEPA determination (if applicable) from the Planning Division.
    • If the project disturbs one acre or more, the applicant must apply for an NPDES Construction Stormwater General Permit from the Department of Ecology.
    • As part of obtaining the permit, the applicant is required to publish two public notices in a newspaper that has general circulation in Pierce County. The applicant must publish a public notice one time each week, for two weeks in a row, with seven days between publishing dates. A 30-day public comment is required after the second publication. For additional information, reference the Department of Ecology's website. 
  • Clear, Fill and Grade Permit (PDF) is required whenever excavating 5 feet or more in vertical depth on any portion of a site, fills of 8 inches or more of vertical depth on any portion of a site or the removal, deposit or displacement of 100 cubic yards or more of material during any two year period. For more information on Clearing, Filling and Grading see PMC Chapter 21.14
  • Grease Interceptor (PDF) is required to be installed for restaurants, commercial kitchens or other fat, oil and grease generating facilities that produce any waste streams containing fat, oil and grease (FOG).
  • House Moving Permit (PDF) is required to move a building along or across any public place. All applications shall be made to the City's Permit Center at least three weeks prior to the date of the proposed move, except that where the current and proposed building location is not within the city, then application shall be made no sooner than five (5) days prior to the proposed move.
  • Puyallup Franchise Application (PDF) - For location of telecommunications facilities within City right of way. IMPORTANT: THIS APPLICATION CAN NOT BE SUBMITTED UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A FRANCHISE APPLICATION FEE DEPOSIT OF $10,000
  • Right of Way Permit (PDF) - A permit is required for any work to be performed in the City of Puyallup's right-of-way. i.e.: new/repair of driveway approach, sidewalk, curb/gutter, water or sewer connections and also includes traffic control.
  • ROW Private Utility Permit (PDF) - A permit is required for projects in the right of way relating to private utilities.
  • Water or Sewer Service Outside City Limits (PDF) -  An application is required for new service or material changes in existing service, for example: new connections, extensions or expansions of service; changes to customer classifications; changes to service connections; changes to service pipes and mains; meter changes.
  • Certificate of Water Availability/Hydraulic Modeling Application (PDF) 
  • Utility Permit (PDF) - A permit is required for new connections to the City's sanitary sewer, water or storm system or when replacing or repairing a water service or sanitary sewer laterals on private property.