CITY OF PUYALLUP
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS - INFORMATION PACKET
EAST MAIN & 5TH AVE NE SIGNAL IMPROVEMENTS
Submittal Due Date: January 13, 2017
The City of Puyallup (“City”) is requesting Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) to provide consulting, design, and engineering services for the East Main & 5th Ave NE Signal Improvement Project. All services are to be performed or supervised by persons appropriately licensed or registered under state laws governing the practice of engineering and surveying. Consultants must be experienced in the preparation of construction drawings, bid specifications, construction cost estimates, as well as construction management services associated with public works projects. Interested firms must submit four (4) complete hard copies and one (1) electronic copy (PDF) of their Statements of Qualifications in a sealed package clearly labeled “East Main & 5th Ave NE Signal Improvement Project SOQ.” Consultants are encouraged to submit concise and clear responses to the Request for Qualifications. Responses of excessive length or complexity are discouraged. Statements of Qualifications should be limited to ten (10) 8 ½” x 11” single-sided pages, including cover letter and resumes. Please include a statement to the effect that the consultant’s project lead and key members, as well as sub-consultants, will not be replaced without prior approval of the City.
The city reserves the right to award other applicable phases of the project to the selected consultant.
The project includes installation of a traffic signal at 5th Ave NE and East Main intersection, as well as traffic modifications to the 4th Ave NE and East main intersection and fiber optic interconnection between the 5th Ave NE signal and the Shaw Road/East Main traffic signal. All work shall comply with current City Standards, as well as State and Federal Regulations. Current City Standards are available for review on the City of Puyallup website at:
ANTICIPATED SELECTION SCHEDULE:
The anticipated schedule for consultant selection, contract execution, and work is shown below:
Dec. 8, 2016 – Advertise for SOQs
Jan 13, 2017 – Statements of Qualifications Due
Feb 3, 2017 – City Review of RFQ Submissions
Feb 6, 2017 – Notify Selected Consultants of Interview (at City’s discretion)
March 6, 2017 – City Interviews Selected Consultants (at City’s discretion)
March 13, 2017 – Final Selection
April 1, 2017 – Final Scope and Contract Negotiations Complete
April 18, 2017 – City Council Authorizes City Manager to Sign Contract
Aug 1, 2017 – Design Complete/Bid Package Ready for Ad
RESPONSE TO THE REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS:
At a minimum, your response to the RFQ must include the following information:
1. General qualifications of the firm to perform the work as described in this RFQ.
2. Representative List of Projects – list a minimum of four previous, successfully completed, signal improvement projects, including the firm’s project team members, their assignments, and year of the project.
3. Include references for each project listed above identifying the owner, contact person’s name, title, address, and telephone number.
4. Provide the name, phone number, and office address of the project manager who will direct the work for your firm.
5. Describe the project manager’s experience with developing and/or managing previous signal improvement projects, adaptive signal systems and their commitment to the project.
6. Identification of proposed team members for the City’s project with organizational chart and qualifications of the project manager, project engineer, and all key personnel proposed for this project. Identify similar projects on which the proposed team members have jointly worked and discuss their availability to work on the City’s project.
7. Describe your firm’s experience with federally funded projects and use of the WSDOT LAG Manual. Discuss your firm’s approach to construction management and documentation on federally funded projects.
8. Ability to obligate staff and meet the project schedule.
9. Discuss and quantify your firm’s past performance regarding contract change orders, both design and construction, in terms of the number and dollar amount on similar projects.
Interested firms must submit four (4) complete hard copies and one (1) electronic copy (PDF) of their Statements of Qualifications in a sealed package clearly labeled “East Main & 5th Ave NE Signal Improvement Project SOQ.”
Statements of Qualifications should be limited to ten (10) 8 ½” x 11” single-sided pages, including cover letter and resumes. Respondents shall submit a digital copy in addition to the printed copies.
The Statement of Qualifications must be delivered to the City of Puyallup no later than 2:00 PM on Jan 13, 2017 to be considered. Submittals received after this date and time will automatically be rejected and will not receive further consideration by the City. Postmarks will not be accepted as proof of submittal.
Statements of Qualifications are to be addressed to:
City of Puyallup
City Clerk’s Office
333 South Meridian
Puyallup, WA 98371.
Deliveries in person will be accepted by the City Clerk, 4th Floor, City Hall, 333 South Meridian, Puyallup, WA. No submissions will be personally accepted or received in any other office.
No email or facsimile submissions will be considered.
For specific questions, please contact Charles “Ted” Hill at (253) 841-5463 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVALUATION OF SUBMITTALS:
1. A City evaluation committee will review the responses to this RFQ for the purpose of identifying and recommending those firms offering, in total, the highest qualifications and experience with this type of project.
2. The City will evaluate the RFQ submissions based on the criteria in Items 1 – 9 above. All submittals will be reviewed and ranked according to competence and professional qualifications as well as a demonstrated ability to perform the work.
3. On the basis of the information submitted, and at the City’s discretion, the City may select a shortlist of firms for interviews. The lead members of the project team will be expected to attend any interviews scheduled with the City.
4. Final selection of a consultant will be based on submitted materials, the interview if conducted, and responses from references.
5. The selection of a consultant and the execution of a contract, while anticipated, are not guaranteed by the City. The City reserves the right to determine which submittal is in the City’s best interest and to award the contract on that basis, to reject any and all submittals, waive any irregularities of any submittal, and negotiate with any potential consultant if such is deemed to be in the best interest of the City.
The City makes no commitment to any respondent to this request for Statements of Qualifications beyond consideration of the written response to this request. Preparation of materials in response to this RFQ are totally the responsibility of the consultant.
The City of Puyallup is an equal opportunity employer and encourages disadvantaged, minority, and women-owned consultant firms to respond.
This project may involve Federal Funding, local match dollars, and/or other funding sources. The City of Puyallup in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,78 Stat. 252,42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex in consideration for an award. Therefore, all prospective consultants and vendors are advised that federally funded projects will be held to Federal EEO requirements, Title I and Title V of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Publication Dates in the Tacoma News Tribune: December 8th and December 15th, 2016
Publication Dates in the Daily Journal of Commerce: December 8, and December 15, 2016.