The City of Puyallup is constructing $1.95 million worth of sidewalks as part of its Sidewalk Link Program.
At its August 21st meeting, the Puyallup City Council authorized two construction contracts with Reed Trucking & Excavating for the 2016 and 2017 Sidewalk Link Program projects.
Numerous sidewalk connection gaps were evaluated, and the links below were selected based on: proximity to high foot traffic areas and schools, walkability, constructability, and geographical diversity of project locations. Locations that will receive sidewalk links under the two contracts are:
- 7th Ave SE from 13th to 14th Streets SE;
- 5th Ave SE from 14th to 15th Streets SE;
- 14th St SW from the Puyallup Fish Hatchery to 10th Ave SW;
- 27th Ave SE from 5th to 7th Streets SE;
- 11th Ave. NW from 21st St. Pl. NW to 21st St. NW; and
- 7th St. SE from 27th Ave SE to the Life Care Center driveway.
Spot repairs will also be made at various other locations.
You can read more about the City's Sidewalk Link and Repair Program here.